Objective: To work with a talented team of artists to create amazing characters and games
- Ferris State University, Grand Rapids, MI.
Bachelors Degree: Digital Animation and Game Design
- Grand Rapids Community
College. Associates of Science
- 3DS Max: Creating organic and hard surface models from concept art and photo reference. Low and high poly game modeling, UVW mapping, normal map creation, lighting, rigging and weighting.
- Z-Brush: High poly organic and hard surface sculpting for normal map creation. Texture Painting
- Maya: Modeling, rigging and weighting, basic animation and Motion Capture cleanup
- Photoshop: Making usable textures and tiling materials for game assets using a combination of hand painting and photo manipulation techniques.
- Engines used: Unreal Engine 3, Unity 3.5
- Additional Software: Mudbox, Premier Pro, Topogun, AutoCAD
- Never runs with scissors
Relevant Work Experience
ICT - Character Artist May '10 - Current Character Artist for the Virtual Patient Project. Worked with small team to create the next generation of medical simulations for use in training medical clinicians and social workers. Responsibilities include: Modeling high and low poly characters and game assets from reference material; texturing; rigging and weighting of characters; and creating basic animations. Creating environmental concepts, modeling and texturing of environmental assets.
Mark Kistler's Imagination Station - Art and Production Intern Summer '08 Worked with a team of students to create several short animations for use in upcoming season of public access television show. Created several 3D art assets that were used in the shows closing credits. Was also a part of the pre-production of the show with responsibilities including set construction, lighting and sound engineering.
Creative Capers Entertainment, Inc. - Assistant Designer Dec '06 - March '07
Worked with team of individuals to design two online virtual communities utilizing internationally recognized children’s product. Responsibilities included: rapid prototyping of design concepts and site layout using Flash 8.0 and combining assets from all team members to create design document using Microsoft Word.
Copyright Keith "YdoUwant2know" Schaffer. all Rights Reserved.